it's my blog! about knitting!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

oh Tofutsies, you've let me down

That's me there. Watching Lost. With Mr. Bear. With my new socks. They are the Roza Socks from the Spring Issue of Interweave Knits. Its a good pattern I liked knitting it a lot.

I knitted them out of that Tofutsies yarn. Is that how you spell it? I'm not sure. Anyhoo, I was totally loving that yarn (despite the fact that it smells a little bit) until I was just getting into the foot of the second sock. So I'm knitting along and suddenly there is a break in the yarn, which kind of annoys me. I think that sock yarn really should not have breaks in it but fine, whatever, I can live through this and attach the two and keep it going. And I'm knitting away and have a very nice time at it (of course because I do like to knit quite a lot actually) when I notice that the yarn after the break isn't the same as the yarn before the break!!! How uncool is that?? So the one foot (the one on the right that you can't actually see that well but just trust me) is totally different than the other 1.5 socks.

So yeah, Tofutsies, I had great hopes of you and I being the best of friends but clearly that is not going to happen. You totally let me down. Besides, you're kind of saggy. Louet Gems, you're next, maybe we could be best of friends.

Another shout out to all the fabulous people leaving comments for me. I heart comments. (I also heart facebook and will probably be fired soon.) Oh and the Super Secret Baby Sweater was actually called Little Luxury Kimono from Lion Brand (its free!). I knitted it in Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton in Pickle (I think). I modified slighlty and put a couple of rows of garter and the bottom of the body and the sleeves as I so do not heart curling.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Bear is soooo adorable!!!!! i CANNOT believe you've finished the socks already! Sorry about the mishap...

alex said...

That totally sucks about the Tofuties. The Tofuties may, in fact, be a wee bit evil...but your socks still look nice though! And I have to concur with whoever toyty is...The Bear is looking good!

Marigold said...

The tofutsies socks still look great in that photo. Remember, if you don't tell people about mistakes, they don't really exist!

Anonymous said...

Ya know... I was tempted to try Tofutsies, but I think I'll stick with my usual sock yarn. Not that I've ever used the same sock yarn twice... But I know I'm not a big fan of Wildfoote.
Anyhoo, as long as you liked knitting 'em, you can be comforted in the fact that people probably wont see too much of the sock especially when wearing shoes!

Anonymous said...

Al thinks the bear looks good here...I think he looks fat...hahahaha
A