it's my blog! about knitting!

Monday, April 30, 2007

There was something of a horrible knitting accident

Jocelyn and Donna and I were having a nice little knitting afternoon in my living room yesterday, working on the last little bits of the super secret baby present for next weekend's baby shower. I was just starting to put the super secret baby sweater together and was sewing an i-cord onto one of the fronts. I didn't really like the way it was turning out so I got my scissors and started cutting and cut - the - sweater......

Yup, cut right on into it. Cut a nice little hole into the front right side of that super secret baby sweater.

Here, look at a picture of some flowers Tony bought me. This should help you get over the shock a little.




So, yes it was quite horrifying. I remained quite calm- ask Jocelyn and Donna. Shockingly calm actually. So I've had to rip out half of that front pannel and am reknitting. But Jocelyn and Donna's super secret baby bootees are totally rocking.


Yeah, so I am reknitting the front pannel that I DESTROYED, which isn't that big a deal because I like to knit quite a lot actually. Its just that I've moved on from the super secret baby sweater and would so much rather be knitting this:


Mmmmm, its my new favourite sock yarn ever! Its Tofutsies sock yarn and I think it will probably make the nicest summer socks ever. Its made from things like soy silk and shrimp and crab shells. Its true! Its also magical and knits in a spiralling pattern. It is the smartest sock yarn I ever saw. I am knitting it into Roza's Socks from the latest issue of Interweave knits and I'm knitting it on my new 2mm Britannies that my sister gave me for my birthday (Thanks Ang- leave a comment!).

In other news, the monkey socks fit!! They are just extremely thick, lace socks. Perhaps an error in yarn judgment. They are too hot for now but what the hey, they will be perfect come November.


We couldn't get a good picture of these socks, despite standing on a stool. Odd, I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering why you are standing on a stool to get pictures of the socks?

By the way you are welcome for the needles.