it's my blog! about knitting!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Happy Administrative Professionals Day

Apparently that is what it is today. Sara told me about it last week so I immediately put it on the white board at work. Hey man, we are all administrative professionals there, so it seemed like a good day to party. We went to Chocoatl in Yale Town for some hot chocolate. That place is amazing! mmmm, delicious! They have 2 pages of different hot chocolates. I feel like I am high right now. We went to the Safeway after work and my lips felt like they were buzzing.

No, I am not supposed to be having caffeine but you know, Administrative Professionals Day comes but once a year.

So, I just got an email from Robin who suggested that it is actually Secretaries Day. I don't care. I got hot chocolate. You can't take that away from me.

You will note to the left a very fancy stitched landscape photo that I took and with only minimal whining got stitched together. I am feeling more genius like each day. The photo is of the super secret baby sweater I am making and it may just be the easiest thing to knit in the entire world. I think back to the 6 months plus that it took me to make that Baby's First Tatoo and I shake my head. I don't mind spending 6 months on something but I kind of hated every moment of that sweater. This one, well, its a dream and I've been working on it for exactly 5 days. Yes that is the last sleeve I am working on. If this actually looks cute when finished, well it might just be the only baby sweater I ever knit from here on in. (That's a total lie as I already have my eye on this: Vestee. Man that is a cute sweater. Maybe its just a super cute kid.)

So Tony told me I had to get some carbs in me to counteract the effects of the hot chocolate but in other news the Monkey Socks are still drying so tomorrow is D day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy crap! it looks awesome! the green looks great!!! i don't know though if i like this whole blog thing - i can see your progress and it's making me verrrry nervous...